Volunteer Resource Center
Picture Yourself as a Ruth Rales Jewish Family Service Volunteer!
Ruth Rales Jewish Family Service of South Palm Beach County, FL is a non-profit, non-sectarian human service agency for people of all ages and backgrounds. Since 1979, the agency’s licensed clinical social workers, psychologists and case managers have served thousands of clients annually. RRJFS depends on private contributions from the community. Ruth Rales Jewish Family Service is accredited by the Council of Accreditation of Services for Families and Children, Inc.
Volunteering Opportunities at Ruth Rales Jewish Family Service:
- Big Pal/Little Pal program - develop a special one-to-one relationship with a child. Meet with your “Little Pal” twice a month for community recreational activities.
- Career Counseling - provide assistance to people looking for help with resume writing, interviewing skills and job search tips that will work for them. Flexible hours.
- Administrative and Clerical Support - provide data entry and computer assistance in our Boca office and contact volunteers by telephone with information to do their jobs for a few hours each week.
- Client Advocate - help frail elderly by assisting them in formulating questions to ask their doctor, accompanying them to the visit and then ensuring that they understand what was said to them. Create your own weekly schedule.
- Diamond Club Assistant - volunteer at the Monday morning social club for seniors 75 plus at Temple Emeth in Delray Beach. Opportunities include registering members, late morning snack assistance and co-facilitating discussion group.
- “Story Circle” Facilitator - share your clinical experience and expertise in assisted or independent living facility in our community. Times vary by locale.
- Jacobson Family Food Pantry at JFS - assist with our monthly “food baggings” for those in need in our area.
- Friendly Visitor – meet with an isolated homebound senior in our community for 1 to 2 hours a week for socialization and conversation.
- Grandparent - develop a relationship with a child who would benefit greatly from having you in their life. Meet the child twice a month for community recreational activities.
- Kibbitz and Ride - drive a senior in need of transportation to a medical appointment, supermarket, hairdresser, etc. Scheduled with dispatcher based upon need and your availability.
- Parachaplain - spend time in nursing homes, assisted/independent living facilities and hospitals conducting Shabbat Services and/or visiting unaffiliated Jewish patients. Schedules arranged with the facilities.
- Telephone Reassurance - volunteer as a special phone friend to a homebound senior by making calls once a week for two hours at our Delray site.
We offer you:
- an easy application process
- an orientation to Ruth Rales Jewish Family Service
- support and training for all assignments
- most of all heartfelt appreciation for your service!
For more information please contact:
Marcy Bezark, Director of Volunteers at 561-852-3367 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
<< Back to the Volunteering Center